This week's movies include the latest from two Academy Award-winning directors and four Academy Award-winning actors ... but don't underestimate The Rock. Have you smelled what he's cooking?
- The Game Plan: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is a superstar quarterback on his way to the big touchdown when he is sidelined by the seven-year-old daughter (cutie-patootie Madison Pettis) he never knew he had. Kyra Sedgwick co-stars in this family-friendly flick from Disney. (I'll post my Toon Talk review of The Game Plan next week.)
- The Kingdom: Peter Berg directs this, one of many war-themed dramas gunning for Oscar glory this year. Jamie Foxx, Chris Cooper, Jennifer Garner and Jason Bateman (uh, what's he doing here?) go all commando on their search for a mad bomber in the Middle East.
- Lust, Caution: Ang Lee's first post-Brokeback picture received mixed review on the festival circuit, but won Venice's Golden Lion anyway. Leung Chi Wai and Wei Tang get all lusty and caution-less in Shanghai circa the 1940's; already slightly notorious for its NC-17 rated sex scenes.
- The Darjeeling Limited: Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody and Jason Schwartzman are estranged brothers on a cross-country train trip through India seeking spiritual fulfillment yet finding wacky escapades instead. Wes Anderson's latest quirk fest co-stars Bill Murray (what a surprise). Limited opens this week in (wait for it) limited release.
- Feast of Love: Robert Benton oversees this multi-layered tale of love, sex and death starring Morgan Freeman, Greg Kinnear, Jane Alexander and, in a lesbian romance, Selma Blair and Stana Katic.
Visit Fandango - Search movie showtimes and buy tickets!
Links via Imdb.com, TheEnvelope.LATimes.com, MoviesBlog.MTV.com, EdgeBoston.com and InsideSoCal.com.