- The Dark Knight just keeps us wanting more. If you're itching for more of Heath Ledger's Joker then just the picture above, you can also hear him in the newly released teaser trailer (tease is right; there are no actual scenes in this trailer, just dialogue). And yes, that is Maggie Gyllenhaal above, taking over for Katie Holmes as Batman's damsel Rachel Dawes. To read how Gyllenhaal feels about her predecessor, visit Cinematical.
- The eagerly awaited film adaptation of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons' legendary graphic novel Watchmen just got closer to reality. Major casting has been announced, and a few of our favorites will soon be donning the ol' cape and cowl for 300 director Zach Snyder's next epic. As previously rumored, Billy Crudup will be the big blue Dr. Manhattan (although reportedly via Davy Jones-like motion capture CGI). Patrick Wilson is Night Owl, the Superfriendly Batman-type, and his Little Children co-star Jackie Earle Haley is Rorschach, the "dark and broody" Batman-type. Grey's Anatomy's Denny Duquette, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, will play "The Comedian", although something tells me he won't be funny. Rounding out the cast are Matthew Goode as the "glamorous Ozymandias" and Malin Akerman as the token female do-gooder, Silk Spectre. If this all sounds a bit confusing, head over to Obsessed With Film for the official plot synopsis as well as a look at the Con-exclusive poster. You'll have plenty of time to soak up the back-story: the announced opening date: March 6, 2009.
- Other DC Comics-to-films possibly in the works are the Justice League of America, the Teen Titans, Captain Marvel (Shazam!) and Jonah Hex.
- A slimmed-down Jon Favreau introduced some Iron Man clips at the Con that haven't made their way online yet. Samuel L. Jackson (as Nicky Fury) and Hilary Swank (as Black Widow possibly) will reportedly appear in cameo roles in this film, setting them up for possible spin-offs.
UPDATE: Watch it while you can: the Iron Man footage seen at the Con, courtesy of Obsessed With Film. If the actual footage is officially released, I'll post it ASAP; this is a phone cam job via YouTube.
- The Incredible Hulk, the sequel-that-is-not-really-a-sequel, is currently filming, with Edward Norton filling the purple pants of Eric Bana (yeah, I don't see it either). Tim Blake Nelson has been cast as the villainous Leader, a green-skinned baddie with a GIANT BRAIN (yeah, I don't see it either).
- Elsewhere around the Marvel Universe, the Silver Surfer and the Black Panther may have directors, while the Punisher has a new actor.
- Seth Rogan wants Kung Fu Hustle star Stephen Chow to be Kato to his Green Hornet.
- Meet Doug Jones, the unseen star of Pan's Labyrinth, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and the upcoming Hellboy 2: The Golden Army.
- Who knew Rosario Dawson and Guy Ritchie had their own comic books? Which will be made into movies, of course.
- The team behind Disturbia will next take on Vertigo Comics' Y: The Last Man for New Line.
- And finally, Todd McFarlane wants a do-over for his Spawn.
Links via Comic-Con.org, YouTube.com, Cinematical.com, Variety.com, MoviesBlog.MTV.com, ObsessedWithFilm.com, TheMovieBlog.com, BlackFilm.com, LATimes.com, Premiere.com, Imdb.com and HollywoodReporter.com.