Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Great Cate

1998's Elizabeth is probably the last movie you would expect a sequel to; after all, those are usually reserved for superhero sagas and fantasy epics, right?

But the life of Queen Elizabeth I went on after the events of the first film, naturally. And really, who could resist seeing Cate Blanchett's passionate, fiery monarch again? (I still think she should have won the Oscar over Gwyneth Paltrow that year; maybe this will give her another shot at.)

In the trailer for Elizabeth: The Golden Age, Blanchett appears to be at the top of her game yet again (although I'm not so sure about that Braveheart bit); she spends equal time sparring with the returning Geoffrey Rush and flirting with Clive Owen, who is always welcome, thank you very much.

Catch the trailer on the film's official website, which opens with the intriguing tagline "Woman Warrior Queen". Yeah, I've known my fair share of those in my day.

Links via Imdb.com and ElizabethTheGoldenAge.net.

No comments: