Object of our affection: Amy Adams, actress/ enchanted one.
- Why we love her: For her bubbly yet grounded performances ... and she is just so darn adorable.
- When did we first notice her: In small but memorable roles in such movies as Drop Dead Gorgeous and TV shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Awards on her mantel: For her breakthrough role as a perky pregnant gal in Junebug, she earned 11 awards, including the Independent Spirit Award and a Special Jury Prize at Sundance ... oh yeah, and an Oscar nomination.
- Other choice roles: Marvel Ann in Charles Busch's Psycho Beach Party, a fat girl who will do anything to get thin on Smallville, a brace-faced candy-stripper in Catch Me If You Can.
- Bet you didn't know: Raised in Colorado as one of seven children, she was actually born in Italy.
- You go girl: She worked at Hooters until she was 18, but quit when they asked here to start wearing the skimpy "uniforms".
- Can we quote you on that: "I have worked with some of the meanest people in the world. You can't do anything to intimidate me."
- Where we can see her next: Starting today, she is the new princess on the Disney block in Enchanted, for which she is garnering unexpected (but well deserved) Oscar buzz. Also this year, she co-stars in the eagerly awaited Charlie Wilson's War. Her future projects include not one, but two films with Meryl Streep: Doubt and Julia and Julie.
Links via Imdb.com, EW.com and InContention.com.