Thursday, December 13, 2007

ABBAlicious

My, my, the brand new trailer for the Mamma Mia! movie sure makes you ask yourself, "how could I resist you?"

A confession: although I love ABBA as much as the next gay, the stage musical (that mixes their classic tunes with the story of a bride-to-be who -- unbeknownst to her mother -- invites the three men who may be her father to her wedding) left me cold. In other words, when it comes to the Mamma Mia! musical, I tend to paraphrase Bernadette in The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert: "No more effin' ABBA".

However, with a cast headlined by Meryl Streep, the movie version (which will open July 18) is looking to be a lot of fun. Add faves Julie Walters and Christine Baranski as Streep's former girl group pals, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth and Stellan SkarsgÄrd (nice that they got an actual Swede in there) as the daddies in question, plus Mean Girls' Amanda Seyfried and History Boy hottie Dominic Cooper as the young couple, and you got quite the talented -- and attractive -- cast that, with just one look, can make me hear that bell ring. Oh-oh-oh-oh ...

UPDATE: Here's more footage in the international trailer, including a great comic bit with Meryl Streep and the three dads.

Links via AOL.com, Imdb.com, YouTube.com and Yahoo.com.

No comments: