Monday, December 3, 2007

Cinematic Crush: James McAvoy

Crush object: James McAvoy, actor/swoontific Scotsman.
- Why we like him: We can narrow it down to those eyes and that accent, but you'll have to decide from there.
- When did we first notice him: As the bushy-tailed faun Mr. Tumnus in The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
- He was robbed!: Sure, he won the BAFTA's "Rising Star Award" and they also nominated him for his star-making role in The Last King of Scotland ... as Best Supporting Actor, even though he is clearly the lead character in the film. Hey, Forest Whitaker: half that Oscar you got there belongs to Jimmy Boy!
- Other choice roles: A prescient, tattooed heir to the throne in Children of Dune; Paul Bettany's brother in Wimbledon; romancing Anne Hathaway's Jane Austen in Becoming Jane.
- Bet you didn't know: Contemplated entering the priesthood and the British navy; is into science fiction.
- Yes, it's true: Sweet little Georgie Henley never saw him in his Tumnus outfit before filming their Narnia scenes together; her scared reaction upon seeing him is genuine.
- Can we quote you on that: "I always believed that I never wanted to be an actor. I only did it because I was allowed to do it, and I had to do something."
- Butch hobby: Fan of the Glasgow Celtic Football Club.
- Where we can see him next: Wooing Keira Knightley in the big Oscar bait movie of the season, Atonement (opening this Friday); kickin' ass and takin' names in Wanted, opposite Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman (due next March).
- Where you can see more of him right now: At his own website and in this video tribute.

Links via Imdb.com, AwardsDaily.com, WantedMovie.com, JamesMcAvoy.com and YouTube.com.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE James McAvoy. He makes me wet. Now if I could just edit the skank Jolie out of "Wanted" so I'd only have him to look at, I'd be a very happy woman.