Crush object: Leonardo DiCaprio, actor.
- His career began inauspiciously on the sitcom Growing Pains and in such movies as Critters 3 and Poison Ivy. Nevertheless, he soon proved his acting chops with strong dramatic turns in This Boy's Life and What's Eating Gilbert Grape, which landed him his first Academy Award nomination.
- Following the western The Quick and the Dead, he took on two literary roles in The Basketball Diaries (Jim Carroll) and Total Eclipse (Arthur Rimbaud) as well as two stage adaptations, William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet and Marvin's Room.
- But it was a little movie called Titanic that made him an international superstar. As the ill-fated Jack Dawson, he memorably bellowed, "I'm the king of the world!" and romanced the lovely Kate Winslet.
- After The Man With the Iron Mask and The Beach, he teamed up with Steven Spielberg for Catch Me If You Can and Martin Scorsese for Gangs of New York, The Aviator and The Departed. His performance as Howard Hughes in The Aviator won him a Golden Globe and his second Oscar nomination.
- His third Oscar nod was for Blood Diamond, and he also produced and hosted the documentary The 11th Hour. This year, he has already starred in Body of Lies, and reunites with his Titanic love Winslet for Revolutionary Road, in theaters this week.