Sunday, November 4, 2007

Halloween Left-Overs

I know, I know, it's November 4th and Movie Dearest is still talking about Halloween. But hey, if both Desperate Housewives and The Simpsons can air trick or treat-themed episodes tonight, then dammit, so can I!

Longtime readers of MD may remember this post revolving around the since-released DVD of the camptastic Paul Lynde Halloween Special. Back then, I recollected vague memories of said program from back in my TV-obsessed childhood and wondered if I had actually seen it or just dreamt the whole thing after gorging on Twizzlers and some bad Kool-Aid. When the DVD was finally released, I tried to Netflix it, but it was immediately thrown into "Very Long Wait" status on my queue, where it still remains today. (So many queens in the upper Midwest -- who knew?)

However, the miracle that is YouTube came to my rescue, and as you can see here, my memories were indeed correct ... scarily so. It's amazing what the mind retains, isn't it? Lord, even my subconscious knew I was way gay back then.

Thus ends (really) MD's Halloween coverage for this year. Until next October ... trick or treat!

Click here to purchase Paul Lynde Halloween Specialon DVD from Amazon.com.
Links via Imdb.com and YouTube.com.

No comments: