Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sex and the Cinematic Male

Christie Keith over at AfterElton.com gets all the tough assignments. She recently had the enviable task of coming up with a list of "Gay Sex Scenes That Changed Movie History". Sigh ... Writing about movies can be so hard.

All kidding aside, Christie does her usual masterly job of separating the wheat from the chaff, as it were (and she didn't even have to resort to Shortbus). Of the 29 film scenes mentioned, here are my top 5:
  1. James Wilby and Rupert Graves in Maurice: Easily the most romantic of the lot.
  2. Wes Ramsey and Steve Sandvoss in Latter Days: I love the extended post-coital dramatic scene as well.
  3. Brad Davis and Günther Kaufmann in Querelle: You'll want to light a smoke after this one.
  4. Linus Roache and Robert Carlyle in Priest: I was unaware of an "unrated" DVD until this article. Cut to me bumping it up to the top of my Netflix queue.
  5. Daniel Day Lewis and Gordon Warnecke in My Beautiful Laundrette: How many of us have done the "champagne kiss" thing after seeing this?

And I had no idea about Wet Hot American Summer ... back to Netflix I go.

Link via AfterElton.com.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks so much for the lovely comments... I ended up here in a very strange way and went, wait, I know this guy, and the next thing I saw was my own name!

Kirby Holt said...

Ha, that's funny! Glad you stopped by!

Anonymous said...

Yes, but now you're stuck with me.

Kirby Holt said...

Not a problem, the more the merrier!