Saturday, July 14, 2007

Someone Stop This Madness!

Well, that's it for the introductions. You may be wondering out there "when is he going to stop talking about what he's going to write about and start writing?!" I know, I know, keep your pants on - except for maybe you, Mr. Craig - I'm getting there.

I actually do have a bunch of cool stories to link to and articles to post, so expect those in the next day or so. I've got a lot of catching up to do on this end, but it will all get there soon, promise.

The reason I posted these introductions was to give this blog some organization from the start and to give you an idea of what to expect from me and from Movie Dearest. Plus, down the line, when new readers click on the labels for each post, everyone will have a good starting point for each section, which will eventually form their own kind of "lists", if you will.

Which leads me to my next point. If you haven't noticed by now, I like to make lists, especially about movies. "Best, worst, most", those kind of things. One thing about lists though, especially when you're talking about movies, is that they so quickly become outdated. For example, once you make that definitive list of Bulgarian coming-of-age musical-comedies, along comes Babushka Can Tango and you have to start all over again. It is my intention that this blog will serve as a continuing "list of lists" of all the subjects I've just detailed and more.

(Yes, if more wacky ideas for sections pop into my head, they'll lead off with an introductory post just like these to keep things all nice and ordered; I'm a little anal that way ... and on that note I'll quote Kevin Walker, "No gay jokes.")

So you see, there is some method to my madness ...

In the meantime, you may want to look over to the side bar on the right side of your screen to the "Archive" section. I've grouped them in actual chronological order for now so you can start, in the immortal words of Maria von Trapp, "at the very beginning," with the very first Movie Dearest post.

Enjoy, and I'll be back soon.

Link via Wikipedia.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My god: Harold Lloyd, Lucy Harbin, and Kirby Holt, all on the same page. Sweetie, you had me at Lucy. But already I'm hooked on your magnificent new blog, which will provide hours of deadline avoidance for one of your biggest fans,

Robrt Pela