Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Latest in Theaters: Eat My Shorts

Sorry about that headline, I was just channeling a little Bart to get ready for The Simpsons Movie, opening tomorrow. After 18 years (d'oh!), the animated television comedy finally makes the jump to the big screen. Honestly, I haven't watched the show in years, but it is always nice to know that it is there. And I'm sure I'm not the only one, so to get you in the mood for the big movie, here are some links to a few articles and other fun stuff:

I'll have my full "Toon Talk" review of The Simpsons Movie early next week.

Also opening this week is No Reservations. I am so glad this movie is finally coming out, not because I want to see it, but so they stop showing those "Raw enough for ya?" commercials all the time. Catherine Zeta-Jones is a top chef who gets Baby Boomed and ends up with Little Miss Sunshine Abigail Breslin. Aaron Eckhart (recently interviewed by The Advocate) co-stars as the love interest, which he really should be past at this point in his career. Click here for more dish (ouch) on the movie from EW.

As if she isn't in the headlines enough lately, Lindsay Lohan also has a new movie this week. I Know Who Killed Me is another serial killer thriller, with Lindsay as a student-by-day/stripper-by-night that has the gals at AfterEllen.com claiming it the "next Showgirls". We'll see about that...

Also opening (in limited release) is Arctic Tale, a nature documentary (narrated by - Queen Latifah?!) that I'm sure has nothing to do with March of the Penguins or An Inconvenient Truth.

Visit Fandango - Search movie showtimes and buy tickets!
Links via Imdb.com, SimpsonsMovie.com, LAWeekly.com, Premiere.com, EW.com, Movies.com, CRACKED.com, Out.com, Advocate.com, AfterEllen.com and MoviesBlog.MTV.com.

No comments: