Friday, August 31, 2007

Goonies 'R' Good Enough

I guess I was too old when I first saw The Goonies to get wrapped up in its fledgling cult status. However, I appear to be in the minority when it comes to this movie, which, even twenty years later, continues to fascinate its fans.

In addition to the ever-present rumors of a sequel, the kiddie adventure has inspired its own line of action figures. The first series includes the four main "Goonies", plus the Quasimodo-ish Sloth.

Each of the figures is modeled after the movie characters, and they did get the "Chunk" squat down, but "Mouth" doesn't look much like Corey Feldman (which may be a good thing). Accessories include an inhaler for Sean Astin's "Mikey", a "sticky dart" (?) for "Data" and not only a milkshake and a piece of pizza for "Chunk", but also ... a "statue of David"???

No word on a second batch of figures, but I would love a little Martha Plimpton doll, especially if it is a talking one that says her immortal Mosquito Coast line, "I think about you when I go to the bathroom."

Click here to purchase from Entertainment Earth: Goonies Action Figures Wave 1
Links via Imdb.com, MoviesBlog.MTV.com and Wikipedia.org.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'd kill for an Anne Ramsay doll! Imagine having your own little Throw Mamma From the Train to have and hold!!