Thursday, August 9, 2007

It's a Scandal! It's an Outrage!

When I previously reported the reader polls that The Advocate was conducting in preparation for their 40th anniversary issue, the only categories at the time were for movies, TV and "Hunks".

Well, the polls have been updated to include music, books, theater and, yes ladies, "Women". (Shouldn't that be something like "Babes"? I mean, if the gays get to objectify men as "Hunks", then certainly the lesbians can too.)

There is one other category for "Scandals", which to me seems a bit too National Enquirer-ish for The Advocate. Aside from a surprising amount of political sex-capades, the nominees include the public outrage met by such films as Cruising, Basic Instinct and Braveheart.

You can vote here for your ten favorites in all categories now, plus don't forget to vote for the magazine's "gay heroes" too. Results for all the polls will be published in a special 40th Anniversary issue of The Advocate, at which time I will cover it right here as well.

UPDATE: If anyone has the results of The Advocate's 40th Anniversary polls, please email them to me at my Hotmail address, located in the sidebar below my profile. It would be greatly appreciated!

Links via Advocate.com.

No comments: