Part three of a month long "Women We Love" salute to our favorite "Scream Queens" of the silver screen:
Object of our affection: Jamie Lee Curtis, actress/
- Why we love her: She is the epitome of the strong-willed, yet still feminine, independent woman.
- Family ties: Daughter of the Psycho shower woman and The Boston Strangler, Jamie Lee was born to be a "scream queen".
- Signature role: Laurie Strode, the ultimate baby-sitter/survivor, in Halloween (her film debut) and three sequels.
- Other "scream queen" roles: The Fog, Prom Night, Terror Train, Perfect.
- Choice roles: A hooker with a heart of gold in Trading Places (BAFTA Award), a frisky grifter in A Fish Called Wanda, a sexy housewife drawn into her spy husband's secret life in True Lies (Golden Globe Award).
- She was robbed: Should have been Oscar nominated for her hilarious teenager-stuck-in-her-mom's-body performance in Freaky Friday.
- Eww: Claims that Dan Aykroyd gave her her best onscreen kiss.
- Yes, it's true: Is a real baroness, thanks to her husband, actor/mockumentarian Christopher Guest.
- Bet you didn't know: Is Jake Gyllenhaal's godmother.
- Nickname: "The Body" (and how).
- Can we quote you on that?: Regarding onscreen nudity: "I thought, while they're up and firm, why not shoot them once or twice."
- Where we can see her next: In the now in the works Disney live action/animated movie South of the Border.