Monday, December 10, 2007

Cinematic Crush: Steve Sandvoss

Crush object: Steve Sandvoss, actor/not a Mormon, but he played one on film.
- Why we like him: We know he was playing a character in a movie, but it is mostly because of his sensitive, heartbreaking debut (debut!) performance as the conflicted Mormon missionary in love with the boy next door in Latter Days. Oh, and he's a total hottie.
- Other choice roles: Co-starred in the romantic comedy Rumor Has It, the horror film Buried Alive and C. Jay Cox's follow-up to Latter Days, Kiss the Bride.
- What else has he done: Guest spots on American Dreams, Cold Case, Nip/Tuck and, most recently, Grey's Anatomy.
- Side jobs: Various modeling gigs.
- Bet you didn't know: He and his brother Peter have their own production company, called Beep Box Productions, which specializes in finding new screenwriting talent on college campuses.
- Yes, it's true: Is a Harvard grad, where he studied drama and poetry; speaks Chinese.
- Can we quote you on that: "Two months after graduation, I moved out to Los Angeles, and three weeks later -- it was my first audition and I was totally wide-eyed -- I was cast in Latter Days."
- Where we can see him next: Will play a successful author struggling to navigate an open relationship in the independent film Lie to Me, due out next year.
- Where you can see more of him right now: At his own website, as well as in this tribute video to his best-known role, Elder Aaron Davis.

Links via Imdb.com, DNAMagazine.com, SteveSandvoss.com and YouTube.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw Latter Days, by accident, a few weeks back on the Logo Channel. Excellent movie . . . Steve and Wes Ramsey were very believable as a two opposities falling for each other.

I've begun a blitz of finding and viewing everything these actors have been in.

mayiaimayi said...

I also watched the movie not long ago,maybe 2 months ago,and I'm crazy for him now!I think he is so handsome and is such a good actor,I like the way he express the role .It's for sure that he'll be a big star!
And I'm in China,so you can imagin how I feel when I get to know he'd learnd Chinese in school!It's AMAZING~~