Friday, December 28, 2007

Out in Film: Candis Cayne

Idol worship: Candis Cayne, actress/cabaret cutie.
- What she's known for: In her groundbreaking role as William Baldwin's sultry mistress Carmelita on the ABC hit Dirty Sexy Money, she is the first transgender actress to play a regular transgender role on a primetime network series.
- Film debut: In the documentary Wigstock: The Movie.
- Other choice roles: Appeared in To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar; Stonewall and Starrbooty.
- What else has she done: Made her name in the New York gay club scene as a popular cabaret performer.
- Awards on her mantel: The 2001 winner of the Miss Gay Continental USA Pageant.
- Bet you didn't know: Is a twin and a classically trained dancer.
- Yes, it's true: Her fiancé, Marco McDermott, is also the DJ for her club acts.
- Can we quote you on that: "When I told my parents that I was starting my transition, my Dad said, "Well that makes so much more sense, 'cause I never saw you any other way and now it totally works". It was unbelievable. The second I told them, they flew to New York and wanted to make sure I was OK. And they found out I was happier."
- Where we can see her next: More Dirty Sexy scenes like this with a total Baldwin (literally).
- Where you can learn more: At her official website.

Links via Imdb.com, ABC.go.com, YouTube.com and CandisCayne.com.

No comments: