Object of our affection: Julianne Moore, actress.
- In one of her first big films, Short Cuts, she got everyone's attention -- and proved she's a natural redhead -- with her notorious "bottomless" scene.
- She earned Oscar nominations for playing a porn star (Boogie Nights), an adulterer (The End of the Affair), an abandoning mother (The Hours) and the ultimate 50's housewife (Far from Heaven); she should have won for that last, bravura turn, but lost to her Hours co-star Nicole Kidman.
- Other notable performances include: a woman allergic to the world in Safe, modern femme fatales in The Big Lebowski and Magnolia, and a certain FBI agent in Hannibal.
- She won a Daytime Emmy Award as "Outstanding Ingénue in a Drama Series" for her dual roles of Frannie and Sabrina Hughes in the soap opera As the World Turns.
- Made her Broadway debut two years ago in the play The Vertical Hour and released her first children's book, titled Freckleface Strawberry, last year.