Idol worship: Bruce Vilanch, actor/writer.
- A prolific comedy writer, his resume includes such camp classics as The Paul Lynde Halloween Special, The Star Wars Holiday Special and The Brady Bunch Hour, plus numerous awards shows, including several Emmy winning gigs with the Oscars (which he is more then happy to dish about).
- He has written material for such stars as Bette Midler, Diana Ross and Michael Feinstein, and has provided uncredited "script doctoring" on many blockbuster hits, rumored to include Raiders of the Lost Ark and Die Hard 2.
- He made his film debut in Mahogany and has had bit roles in everything from the Richard Gere Breathless (as "Man with Purse") to Circuit; he'll next be seen in Tru Loved, Stewart Wade's follow up to Coffee Date.
- More often then not, he appears onscreen as himself, such as on game shows (Hollywood Squares) and in documentaries (Get Bruce), even in animated films (Queer Duck: The Movie) and gay porn (Michael Lucas' Dangerous Liaisons ... in a "non-sexual role".)
- He was the first actor to attempt Edna Turnblad in the musical Hairspray after Harvey Fierstein, playing the role during the show's first national tour and, eventually, on Broadway.