Today, Movie Dearest concludes a month long look at the hottest "Retro TV Hunks", the actors who brought prime beefcake to primetime during the 70's and 80's.
Crush object: Gregory Harrison, actor.
- For gay men of a certain age, the above image is as iconic as Michelangelo's David. It is, of course, Gregory Harrison as a would-be actor from Iowa who makes it big in the Big Apple as a stripper in the legendary TV movie For Ladies Only; sadly, it is not yet available on DVD, but you can get a taste of it right here.
- This wasn't the first time he caught our eye though, as he had already steamed up our television screens as the hunky Dr. Gonzo Gates in Trapper John, M.D.; before that, he was the title character in the short-lived TV version of Logan's Run. He would later join Falcon Crest for its final season.
- Other television appearances include the small screen classic Trilogy of Terror, as well as guest spots on Sisters, Judging Amy, Touched by an Angel and Joey; he also starred in TV remakes of Picnic and Red River.
- Film roles include a surf cat in North Shore and Eric Roberts' lover in It's My Party.
- On Broadway, he has starred in the musicals Steel Pier, Follies and Chicago; I had the pleasure to see his smooth talkin', razzle dazzlin' Billy Flynn in the national tour of the latter a few years back, and he is still just as swoon-worthy.