Movie Dearest continues a month long look at the hottest "Retro TV Hunks", the actors who brought prime beefcake to primetime during the 70's and 80's.
Crush object: Lee Majors, actor.
- He is best known as Colonel Steve Austin, the astronaut better known as The Six Million Dollar Man; in addition to his own series, he guest-starred as the bionic man on the spin-off, The Bionic Woman, and starred in several TV movies (the last of which, Bionic Ever After?, has one of the best titles ever).
- Prior to all the bionics, he was the hunky Barkley bastard Heath on The Big Valley; other western roles include Sheriff Will Kane in an ill-advised High Noon sequel.
- He entered the 80's as stunt man Colt Seavers in The Fall Guy; and yes, that was him singing the theme song, "The Ballad of the Unknown Stuntman", wherein he name drops his ex-wife, Farrah Fawcett (speaking of which, the couple guest-starred on the very first episode of The Brady Bunch Hour).
- Other series he has appeared on include Owen Marshall, Attorney at Law; Marcus Welby, M.D.; The Virginian, Tour of Duty, Raven, Son of a Beach and Will and Grace.
- His film debut was in Strait-Jacket, starring Joan Crawford; otherwise, his film career is not very noteworthy, save for a memorable cameo in Scrooged, parodying his most famous character, Steve Austin.