Movie Dearest continues a month long look at the hottest "Retro TV Hunks", the actors who brought prime beefcake to primetime during the 70's and 80's.
Crush object: Patrick Duffy, actor.
- He is best known as the do-good Ewing brother Bobby on the long-running primetime soap classic Dallas; his death and "resurrection" remains the most infamous plot twist in television history.
- Prior to drilling for oil in Texas, he was The Man from Atlantis, a role whose costume consisted of webbed hands, skimpy bathing trunks and little else (and thus, the crush was born).
- Post-Dallas, he starred in the very Brady sitcom Step by Step alongside Suzanne Summers, and has most recently appeared on the daytime serial The Bold and the Beautiful.
- Beginning with Enola Gay: The Men, the Mission, the Atomic Bomb, he has starred in a string of popular TV movies, including Children of the Bride, wherein he romanced Golden Girl Rue McClanahan.
- He has also tried his hand in directing with both Dallas and Step by Step, as well as producing, including the two Dallas reunion movies; he is currently working on a third Dallas TV movie that will air on SoapNet, which currently airs repeats of the series that made him a star.