Crush object: Emile Hirsch, actor.
- OK, with Speed Racer opening this weekend, you knew this one was coming.
- The 23-year old California native got his start on television with guest spots on such shows as Early Edition, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, NYPD Blue and ER.
- His big screen debut was The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys, followed by impressive turns in The Emperor's Club, The Mudge Boy, The Girl Next Door, Lords of Dogtown and Alpha Dog.
- The role that put him on the map though was as the tragic Chris McCandless in last year's Into the Wild; he won the National Board of Review's award for Breakthrough Performance, and was also nominated for the Screen Actors Guild, Online Film Critics and Broadcast Film Critics awards for his heart-breaking performance.
- After Speed Racer, he'll shift gears to portray Cleve Jones, the gay rights activist (and future creator of the AIDS quilt) in this fall's eagerly awaited Harvey Milk biopic, Milk.