Crush object: Harrison Ford, actor.
- From Han Solo to Indiana Jones to Rick Deckard to Jack Ryan to Richard Kimble, he is the consummate action movie star, starring in most of the biggest blockbusters in film history.
- A string of uncredited bit parts and television roles led to his first big break as Bob Falfa in George Lucas' American Graffiti, which of course led to Han Solo in the classic, original Star Wars trilogy.
- He was cast as Indiana Jones in Steven Spielberg's Raiders of the Lost Ark after Tom Selleck infamously turned it down; two more adventures (Temple of Doom, The Last Crusade) down, one more to go with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, opening this week.
- After another sci fi classic, Blade Runner, an Academy Award nomination for the crime drama Witness led to more non-genre films, including The Mosquito Coast, Working Girl, Presumed Innocent and Regarding Henry; he made a return to his action hero roots as Jack Ryan in Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger, as well as The Fugitive and Air Force One.
- He has received lifetime achievement awards from the American Film Institute, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror, and was named "Box Office Star of the Century" by ShoWest.