Today continues our four part salute to the stars of Sex and the City as they are about to make the leap to the silver screen with their new movie, in theaters May 30.
Object of our affection: Sarah Jessica Parker, actress/producer.
- As the center of the Sex universe, the Manolo Blahnik-wearing, Cosmopolitan-sipping, sex column-writing Carrie Bradshaw, she won four Golden Globes, three SAG Awards and an Emmy, plus additional trophies for her role as producer of the series.
- She paid her dues on Broadway as the "Tomorrow" belting title orphan in Annie. Later, she would star in revivals of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying (opposite her husband, Matthew Broderick) and Once Upon a Mattress.
- Her lead role in the short-lived but well-remembered TV sitcom Square Pegs led to such teen films as Footloose, Girls Just Want to Have Fun and Flight of the Navigator.
- She graduated to adult, sexy roles with L.A. Story (as a typical L.A. girl named SanDeE*), followed by Honeymoon in Vegas, Miami Rhapsody and The First Wives Club. Other film appearances include such quirky fare as Hocus Pocus, Ed Wood and Mars Attacks!
- Post Sex, she has starred in State and Main, Strangers With Candy, The Family Stone, Failure to Launch and the recent Smart People. After this week's Sex movie, she'll appear in the big screen romantic comedy A Family Affair.