Idol worship: Tommy Tune, actor/singer/dancer/ director/choreographer.
- He is the recipient of nine Tony Awards, and was the first person to win in four different categories; he has won for performing (featured actor for Seesaw, lead actor for My One and Only), directing (Nine, Grand Hotel, The Will Rogers Follies) and choreographing (A Day in Hollywood/A Night in the Ukraine, My One and Only, Grand Hotel, The Will Rogers Follies).
- Among his many other stage credits: Irma La Douce, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, Grease, Bye Bye Birdie, Dr. Dolittle and the Las Vegas spectacular EFX.
- He has also won such prestigious awards as the Drama Desk Award (eight times), the Obie Award (twice), the National Medal of Arts, the Fred & Adele Astaire Lifetime Achievement Award and, on June 15, the Julie Harris Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Mostly stage bound throughout his career, he did co-star in the movie versions of Hello, Dolly! and The Boy Friend; his television appearances include several Tony Award telecasts (naturally), dance specials and Broadway documentaries.
- He has published his memoirs, titled Footnotes,and released a solo album, titled Slow Dancing.And if that weren't enough, he is also an artist, with his own gallery in Tribeca.