Idol worship: Andrew Fleming, writer/director.
- This New York University Film School grad has had an eclectic career, switching back and forth between comedies and horror films.
- His film debut, Bad Dreams, was in the latter genre; he found cult success with his next foray into fright, The Craft, followed by the TV movie Paranormal Girl.
- Comedies include the queer-themed Threesome, the political satire Dick and the remake of The In-Laws.
- He also directed the recent Nancy Drew reboot and episodes of the television series Grosse Pointe and Arrested Development.
- His latest, the hotly anticipated Hamlet 2, opens in theaters a week from today.