Idol worship: Clive Barker, writer/director/producer.
- A best selling novelist, he is best known for his works in the horror and fantasy genres. When his Books of Blood (six volumes of short stories) were first published, Stephen King had this to say about him: "I have seen the future of horror and its name is Clive Barker".
- Early shorts (The Forbidden, Salome) and screenplays (Underworld, Rawhide Rex) led to his directing his own scripts, starting with the modern freak show classic Hellraiser (based on his novella The Hellbound Heart) and followed with Nightbreed and Lord of Illusions.
- Other films based on his works include Candyman and The Midnight Meat Train, now in limited release. In addition to most of these films, he was an executive producer on Gods and Monsters.
- Also a prolific artist, comic book creator and video game designer, he was the recipient of the Davidson/ Valentini Award (given to "to an openly lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender individual who has made a significant difference in promoting equal rights for any of those communities") at the 2004 GLAAD Media Awards.
- Current projects include film versions of his Book of Blood short story and his Tortured Souls toy line, as well as a remake of Hellraiser.