Object of our affection: Judith Light, actress.
- She first gained fame (and two Daytime Emmy Awards) for playing desperate housewife-turned-prostitute Karen Wolek on the soap opera One Life to Live. While on the show, she met her future husband, Robert Desiderio. More fame came with the long-running sitcom Who's the Boss, in which she played working mom Angela Bower.
- Other TV appearances include memorable guest spots on St. Elsewhere, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Family Guy, plus starring in the short-lived series Phenom and The Stones; she currently co-stars in her Emmy nominated role as rich socialite-turned-ex con Claire Meade on Ugly Betty. She has also starred in several popular made-for-television movies, including The Ryan White Story, wherein she played Ryan's mother, Jeanne White.
- On stage, she has starred in acclaimed productions of Richard III, A Doll's House and Wit.
- In addition to her acting career, she is a longtime advocate for GLBT rights and HIV/AIDS causes. In 1997, she helped her former Who's the Boss son Danny Pintauro come out publicly. The following year, she received the Vision Award from the GLAAD Media Awards.
- Up next for the busy, multi-talented actress: the third season of Ugly Betty (starting September 25) and the gay-themed feature film Save Me (in limited release September 5), which she co-produced and co-stars with Chad Allen and Robert Gant.