Object of our affection: America Ferrera, actress.
- She's a lovely woman with curves herself, so naturally her feature film debut was in the sleeper hit Real Women Have Curves, which netted her an Independent Spirit Award nomination and a Sundance Film Festival prize. More indie fare followed with How the Garcia Girls Spent Their Summer and Under the Same Moon.
- In 2005, she appeared in the chick flick favorite The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (with Alexis Bledel, Blake Lively and Amber Tamblyn) and as "Thunder Monkey" in Lords of Dogtown (opposite Emile Hirsch and Heath Ledger).
- The next year, it was God bless America: she landed the lead role in the beloved hit television series Ugly Betty. In addition to becoming an instant star-slash-icon for the underdog in all of us, she deservedly won every acting trophy in sight, including an Emmy, a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
- There's more Betty this fall (starting September 25) and possibly another Emmy (the awards will be handed out four days prior), plus she stars in this weekend's The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2.
- Next up: voicing characters in the animated movies Tinker Bell and How to Train Your Dragon and starring as an inspirational teacher in An Invisible Sign of My Own.