Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Latest in Theaters: No Day Like Today

Actually, no day but the next five days, as that's all you're going to get if you want to see Rent: Filmed Live on Broadway.

Only four screenings (on Wednesday and Thursday nights and Saturday and Sunday afternoons) will be offered of this unique cinematic presentation (part of Sony Pictures' Hot Ticket project), which features the complete Tony Award and Pulitzer Prize winning rock musical, plus footage from the legendary production's final performance earlier this month.

For a hint of what to expect from this rare stage-to-screen transfer, here's the trailer, plus clips of the show's title tune and its most well known song, "Seasons of Love".

UPDATE: Playbill.com has an exclusive behind-the-scenes look of the filming of Rent: Filmed Live on Broadway.

To find out where Rent: Filmed Live on Broadway is playing in your area, visit Fandango - Search movie showtimes and buy tickets!

2 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

First time I saw rent it was in San Diego. The first part I was sorta board with, the second part I was crying through.
Love the play
Ray

Kirby Holt said...

The first time I saw "Rent", I didn't like it at all. But the more I listened to the cast album, the more I fell in love with it. By the time the movie came out, I was hooked.

- kch