- Quantum of Solace: Craig ... Daniel Craig is back as Bond ... James Bond in the eagerly awaited follow up to Casino Royale. Mathieu Amalric provides the bad, Olga Kurylenko the beauty, and the inemitable Dame Judi Dench is the boss; Marc Forster directs.
- Slumdog Millionaire: Like last year's Juno, this crowd-pleaser is shaping up to be the little indie that could in this year's award race. Director Danny Boyle tells the story of a poor Indian teen (Dev Patel) who competes on that country's Who Wants To Be a Millionaire to prove his love to the show's biggest fan (Freida Pinto).
- Dostana (Friendship): In another Indian tale, Three's Company goes to Bollywood in this rom com where two straight playboys (Abhishek Bachchan and John Abraham) play gay to get a Miami apartment. Naturally, the landlord's babelicious niece moves in with them ... (Watch the trailer here.)
- Antarctica: Another international gay-themed film (this time with real gay characters), we'll have Chris' full review of this Israeli drama tomorrow.
- How About You: An impressive cast of our favorite actresses of a certain age — Vanessa Redgrave, Imelda Staunton, Brenda Fricker — star in this Thanksgiving comedy.
- Christmas Tale: In this French drama, the always luminous Catherine Deneuve is a cancer-stricken matriarch who reunites her family for one last holiday.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
The Latest in Theaters: Fortune and Glory
Action, romance and a little holiday cheer are in store for you this weekend at the movies: