- Twilight: Stephenie Meyer's bestseller about teen/vamp love hits the big screen, hype and all. Is it just me, or didn't Buffy the Vampire Slayer already do this before -- and better?
- Bolt: Disney's latest attempt at a Pixar-size computer animated hit features a dog voiced by ... John Travolta. Watch this extended clip to see what may be the flick's best asset, a bloodthirsty hamster.
- Special: Michael Rappaport is a meter maid (meter man?) whose anti-depressant turns him into a superhero ... or at least he thinks so.
- Bigga Than Ben: Former Prince Caspian Ben Barnes plays a Russian conman out to get all he can from the English welfare system.
- I Can't Think Straight: The World Unseen's Shamim Sarif tells another tale of forbidden love, this time between a rebellious daughter of a traditionalist Palestinian family and an aspiring English writer.
- Were the World Mine: For more on this queer musical fantasia, read Chris' review and/or watch the trailer here.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
The Latest in Theaters: Twilight Dawns
This week's new releases bring both gay and lesbian love stories, a canine crime fighter and, oh yeah, some movie about vampires.