Crush object: Montgomery Clift, actor.
- Beginning his career on the stage, he "trod the boards" on Broadway for ten years, including starring in the original productions of The Skin of Our Teeth and Our Town.
- Hollywood called, and he made his debut in The Search in 1948, earning him his first of four Academy Award nominations. Later that same year, he co-starred in the western classic Red River.
- Following The Heiress, he played George Eastman in A Place in the Sun and Private Robert E. Lee Prewitt in From Here to Eternity, resulting in his next two Oscar nods.
- During the filming of Raintree Country, he was involved in a car accident that would change his looks and his life. But he continued to work, starring in Lonelyhearts, The Young Lions, Suddenly, Last Summer, Wild River and The Misfits.
- His last Oscar nomination came for his riveting 12-minute performance in Judgment at Nuremberg. He did two more films — Freud and The Defector — prior to his tragic, untimely death in 1966 at age 46.
Montgomery Clift in The Back Room (NSFW).
Montgomery Clift movies, books and more at Amazon.com.