Object of our affection: Melinda Dillon, actress.
- She was nominated for a Tony Award for her performance of Honey in the original Broadway production of Edward Albee's Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.
- Although it was her third feature film, she received a Golden Globe nomination for "Best Acting Debut in a Motion Picture" for Bound for Glory.
- Academy Award nominations came for her supporting roles in Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Absence of Malice.
- Other films she has appeared in include Slap Shot, Songwriter, Harry and the Hendersons, The Prince of Tides, To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar, How to Make an American Quilt, Magnolia, Adam & Steve and Reign Over Me.
- But it as Ralphie's mom in the beloved yuletide classic A Christmas Story that she is most known. Never seen it? Well, you'll have plenty of chances to spend the holidays with the Parkers starting tomorrow night on TBS as they present their annual 24-hour Christmas Story marathon.