Thursday, January 22, 2009

Film Art: In Memory of Heath

In the midst of all the hullabaloo of Oscar nominations day, let us take time to remember the tragic passing one year ago today of Heath Ledger, depicted here alongside another iconic young actor who died too soon in an evocative painting by actor/artist Thom Bierdz.

I will always remember where I was when I heard Heath was gone. I was driving home from work, and they announced it on the radio. My initial reaction was disbelief, followed by confusion and utter sadness. I also recall, as I wrote his obituary for this here blog, being overcome with emotion, weeping as a typed.

And I know I wasn't the only one greatly affected by his death. Feel free to share your memories of where you were a year ago when you heard the news as well as any other thoughts on the late great Heath Ledger in the comments section below.

No comments: