Object of our affection: Renée Zellweger, actress.
- After small roles in big movies (Dazed and Confused, Reality Bites) and big roles in small movies (Empire Records, The Whole Wide World) (not to mention Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation), she became a star with her performance of Dorothy "You had me at hello" Boyd in Jerry Maguire.
- That hit dramedy led to more dramas (A Price Above Rubies, One True Thing) and comedies (Me, Myself & Irene, Nurse Betty) of varying degrees of success, capped off by her first Golden Globe win for the latter.
- Her at-first controversial casting as the title character in Bridget Jones's Diary led to another Globe nod, as well as her first Academy Award nomination. She would win her second Globe, two Screen Actors Guild Awards and another Oscar nod for playing the merry murderess Roxie Hart in Chicago.
- Oscar gold was finally achieved for her performance of Ruby Thewes in Cold Mountain, which also netted her yet another Globe and SAG as well as the BAFTA, Critics' Choice and several other awards.
- Other notable films she has starred in include White Oleander, Down with Love, Shark Tale, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, Cinderella Man, Miss Potter, Bee Movie, Leatherheads, Appaloosa and this week's new rom com New in Town.