A certain wall-crawler's Broadway bow leads off the latest round of all things From Screen to Stage:
- Spider-Man, Turn Off the Dark is the official title (really) of the comic page to stage adaptation that will spin its first web on the Great White Way starting February 18, 2010.
- The next month will see the Big Apple premiere of The Addams Family musical as well, with performances starting March 5, 2010.
- Damn Yankees is returning to the silver screen, with Jim Carrey as Applegate (a.k.a. the devil) and Jake Gyllenhaal (!) as Shoeless Joe (from Hannibal, MO). Now who will play Lola? We say Catherine Zeta-Jones.
- The screen adaptation of the Tony Award winning musical Nine (which now features six Academy Award winners following Penélope Cruz's victory on Sunday) now has an official opening date: November 25.
- The original Broadway cast recording of Shrek the Musical, which will be released on March 24, is now available for pre-orderfrom Amazon.com.
- Universal Studios wants Billy Elliot to dance back on the big screen as a movie musical.
- Having won every film award in site, Slumdog Millionaire is now setting its sites on the stage. Another recent Oscar winner, A.R. Rahman, will pen more songs for the potential new tuner.
- And finally: it looks like our idea for a sequel to Mamma Mia! may actually happen.