Object of our affection: Dakota Fanning, actress.
- Her acting career began at the age of five with television commercials and guest appearances, including playing child versions of both Calista Flockhart and Ellen DeGeneres. She would also play a young Reese Witherspoon in Sweet Home Alabama and voice younger versions of the animated characters Kim Possible and Wonder Woman.
- With her performance as Lucy (as in "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds") in I Am Sam, she became the youngest actress to be nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award. The role also won her a Critics' Choice Award, and she is also the youngest member ever of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (as well as the youngest Woman We Love to date).
- Other film roles include Trapped, Uptown Girls, Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat, Man on Fire, Hide and Seek, Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story, Charlotte's Web and the Steven Spielberg alien epics War of the Worlds and the Taken mini-series. More recently, she has graduated to more adult roles, such as in The Secret Lives of Bees and the controversial Hounddog.
- It's a busy week for the starlet; in addition to the latter two films' release on DVD, she stars in the super-powered action flick Push and voices the title character in Coraline, both opening Friday.
- Next up for the almost-15-year-old? Possibly playing an evil vamp in the Twilight sequel, New Moon.