Object of our affection: Hayley Mills, actress.
- Following her BAFTA-winning film debut in Tiger Bay, she was discovered by Walt Disney and cast as his Pollyanna. Her iconic performance won her a special Academy Award (the last of the "juvenile" Oscars) as well as a Golden Globe as "Most Promising Newcomer".
- Her next big hit for Disney was The Parent Trap, wherein she co-starred with "herself" and received a Golden Globe nomination, as well as a hit record with "Let's Get Together". Subsequent Disney films included In Search of the Castaways, Summer Magic (another Globe nomination), The Moon-Spinners and That Darn Cat! She was named a Disney Legend in 1998.
- Outside of the Mouse House, she starred in Whistle Down the Wind (based on the book by her mother, Mary Hayley Bell) and co-starred with her father, Sir John Mills, in The Truth About Spring. Other films include The Chalk Garden, The Trouble with Angels and The Family Way, which featured a brief but still controversial shot of her bare behind.
- Stage roles have included Peter Pan in London, Anna Leonowens in touring versions of The King and I and an Off-Broadway run of Noël Coward's Suite in Two Keys.
- On television, she has guest starred on the usual series (The Love Boat, Murder, She Wrote) and headlined a trio of Parent Trap made-for-TV sequels. She also starred as the title character in Good Morning, Miss Bliss, the short-lived precursor to Saved by the Bell. More recently, she has appeared on the British drama Wild at Heart.