This is the fifth in an eight-part look at the Hunks of Reality TV:
Crush object: Mike Rowe, TV host.
- A former opera singer who sang with the Baltimore Opera, his voice was first heard on TV as a host of the home shopping network QVC.
- That gig led to various hosting jobs for several television networks, including Evening Magazine on KPIX-TV in San Francisco. On that show, he helmed a news segment titled "Somebody's Gotta Do It", which profiled a number of unpleasant professions ...
- ... Which was, of course, the inspiration for his hit Discovery Channel series Dirty Jobs, now in its sixth season.
- The "voice" of the Discovery Channel, he is the narrator of such popular programs as American Chopper, American Hot Rod and Deadliest Catch.
- He also voiced a meter maid (!) on the animated comedy American Dad and was the spokesman for Ford Motor Company's F-Series trucks.