Crush object: Laurence Olivier, actor/director/producer.
- Generally regarded as the most renowned and respected actor of all time, his talent graced the silver screen, the international stage and television for almost 70 years.
- One of the foremost Shakespeare interpreters of the 20th century, among his many roles were Puck, Romeo, Hamlet, Henry V, Macbeth, Richard III, King Lear, Mark Antony and both Iago and Othello. Other theatrical productions he starred in include Uncle Vanya, Private Lives, Caesar and Cleopatra, The Entertainer, Becket and Long Day's Journey Into Night.
- In addition to the film adaptations of some of his stage successes, he starred in such cinematic classics as Wuthering Heights, Rebecca, Pride and Prejudice, That Hamilton Woman, Spartacus, Sleuth, Marathon Man, A Little Romance, The Boys from Brazil and Clash of the Titans.
- On television, he appeared in such acclaimed programs as The Moon and Sixpence, David Copperfield, Love Among the Ruins, Jesus of Nazareth and Brideshead Revisited, as well as more stage adaptations, such as Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Come Back, Little Sheba.
- Throughout his career, he won numerous accolades, including four Academy Awards, two BAFTA Awards, three Golden Globes and five Emmy Awards. And in 1999, he was named one of the top 50 screen legends by the American Film Institute.