Idol worship: Scott Rudin, producer.
- An Academy Award-winning movie producer and Tony Award-winning Broadway producer, he began his career as the casting director for such stage projects as Pippin and Annie and the films King of the Gypsies and Resurrection.
- He got his feet wet as a producer with the TV movies Revenge of the Stepford Wives and Little Gloria ... Happy at Last, the Oscar winning documentary He Makes Me Feel Like Dancin' and the feature film Mrs. Soffel.
- Among the many films that he has served as producer or executive producer are such contemporary classics and modern favorites as The Addams Family and Sister Act movies, The Firm, Searching for Bobby Fischer, Clueless, The First Wives Club, Marvin's Room, In & Out, The Truman Show, South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut, Sleepy Hollow, Wonder Boys, The Royal Tenenbaums, Iris, The School of Rock, The Stepford Wives and The Manchurian Candidate remakes, The Queen, Notes on a Scandal, There Will Be Blood, Doubt, Revolutionary Road and the upcoming Julie & Julia. He won a Golden Globe for The Hours and Oscar and Producers Guild of America awards for No Country for Old Men.
- As a theatrical producer, he has won the Tony Award six times, for the Best Musical winner Passion and the Best Play winners Copenhagen, The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?, Doubt, The History Boys and, just this past week, God of Carnage. His other Broadway offerings have included Indiscretions, Closer, The Wild Party, Caroline, or Change and successful revivals of Hamlet, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Medea, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, Gypsy and Exit the King.
- Following stints at 20th Century Fox and Tri-Star Pictures, he settled at Paramount Pictures for a 15-year run; he currently has a five year "first look" deal with Disney.