Keep up to date with all the latest from the entertainment world with the MD News Desk:
- When Bears Attack: Advocate.com visits the set of BearCity, starring Gerald McCullouch and Sebastian LaCause.
- DC Comics trots out their version of Wolverine, Lobo, for the big screen, with Guy Ritchie at the helm.
- Naked Lunch author William S. Burroughs is the subject of a new documentary titled A Man Within.
- Disney's Tron Legacy set for release Christmas 2010.
- Twilight Watch: Extended New Moon trailer to premiere during MTV's Video Music Awards.
And the List Goes On:
- The Huffington Post takes a look at "Gender Benders" on film.
- Meanwhile, Empire Magazine presents the "50 Greatest Movie Sequels". And no, their #1 is neither The Godfather Part II nor The Empire Strikes Back.
Out in Film:
- Newsweek has an arresting interview with Jane Lynch, scene-stealer.
- Alan Cumming will bring his one-man show, I Bought a Blue Car Today, to Manhattan in October.
- Kelly McGillis has joined the cast of Stake Land, yet another vampire movie.
- Mike White's Enlightened series, starring Laura Dern, gets an HBO pilot.
- Megan Mullally will play a stage mother (no doubt "from hell") when she joins the cast of the Starz series Party Down.
- Congrats! Eating Out star Jim Verraros to wed his boyfriend this weekend.
- Joey Arias and Basil Twist will bring their GLAAD Media Award-winning evening of music and magic Arias with a Twist to Los Angeles in November.
- Say it ain't so!: John Waters talks about retiring from movie making.
Coming to TV:
- Want to know when your favorite show returns this fall? Then be sure to check out Entertainment Weekly's handy dandy "Fall TV Cheat Sheet".
- Who gets fired from Seattle Grace? Grey's Anatomy spoilers for the new season.
From Screen to Stage:
- GoGo Belinda Carlisle is the new Velma Von Tussle in the West End's Hairspray.
- Following Grey Gardens, Doug Wright to adapt another documentary to the musical stage: Hands on a Hard Body.
- Last Chance: 9 to 5 closes on Broadway this Sunday.
- Buddy's back: Elf—The Musical is coming.
- Tyler Perry to direct a screen version of For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf. Will Madea have a cameo?
- What does Antonio Banderas say about not being cast in the Nine movie?
Ride the Movies:
- The bloodthirsty stars of Halloween, Saw, My Bloody Valentine and Child's Play will be on hand for the mayhem that is Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights.
- The hilarious Bryan Safi explains the supernatural phenomenon known as "Gayngels" in this week's That's Gay.
- Zachary Quinto talks to his penis (NSFW).
- A new photo book will let you spend A Day in the Life of Daniel Radcliffe.
- True Blood's Mehcad Brooks cast in ABC's The Deep End. Does this spell doom for Eggs?
- Colin Farrell to star in his In Bruges co-star Brendan Gleeson's directorial debut At Swim-Two-Birds.
Best of the Fests:
- The Venice Film Festival kicked off earlier this week and runs through September 12. Among the American films participating in the competition is Michael Moore's Capitalism: A Love Story and Tom Ford's A Single Man.
- Meanwhile, the Telluride Film Festival begins today and continues through Monday. Premieres include Todd Solondz's Life During Wartime and John Hillcoat's The Road.
Women We Love:
- Kathy Griffin plugs her new memoir Official Book Club Selection, available next Tuesday (click hereto pre-order from Amazon.com).
- Madonna to direct a musical bio of royal scandal figure Wallis Simpson starring Cate Blanchett.
- Want to dress up as Julie Andrews for a Castro Theatre sing-along? No, not Maria ... get out your umbrellas, it's Mary Poppins.