Keep up to date with all the latest from the entertainment world with the MD News Desk:
- Twilight Watch: Taylor Lautner bares (almost) all on the set of New Moon.
- Could all the Emmy love mean good news for the Pushing Daisies movie? Creator Bryan Fuller hopes so.
- The Producers Guild will have 10 Best Picture nominees this year, just like the Academy.
- Colin Firth, Julianne Moore and Clive Owen are among those getting some good Oscar buzz from the Toronto International Film Festival.
- The Advocate's "queen on the New York theater scene" Brandon Voss braved the queer theatrical offerings of the New York International Fringe Festival and lived to tell about it.
- With Ten More Good Years, documentary filmmaker Michael Jacoby explores the challenges — and prejudices — faced by today's GLBT senior citizens.
- A one-night-only performance of John Cameron Mitchell's Hedwig and the Angry Inch will be presented at New World Stages in Manhattan next month.
- Brad Pitt rumored to play the dastardly Moriarty in the already-planned Sherlock Holmes sequel.
- Josh Lucas to romance Katherine Heigl in Life as We Know It.
- Matt Damon to star in Clint Eastwood's next film, Hereafter.
- Woo-hoo! Fox has picked up Glee for a full season!
Coming to DVD:
- Just in time for gift giving! The Judy Garland Show Holiday Special coming to DVD on October 20 (click hereto pre-order from Amazon.com).
From Screen to Stage:
- Falsettos composer William Finn to take on a musical adaptation of Little Miss Sunshine. Also in the works: Like Water for Chocolate.
- The new national tour of Avenue Q begins this week in South Carolina.
- The Chase Ends! Broadway's The 39 Steps will close in January 2010, as will London's Calendar Girls.
- The Broadway-bound play Enron, about the scandalous rise and fall of the Texas energy company, already set for a trip to the big screen.
The Latest on TV:
- This week's premieres of interest include the return of The New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS, Wednesday), Grey's Anatomy (ABC, Thursday) and Smallville (CW, Friday), along with the series debuts of two new shows with gay characters, Modern Family (ABC) and Mercy (NBC). Also new on ABC Wednesday: Eastwick, based on The Witches of Eastwick.
- Dancing With the Stars will offer a special tribute to Patrick Swayze on tomorrow night's results show.
Tune in to TCM:
- Upcoming salutes on Turner Classic Movies: Vincente Minnelli (Thursday), Stephen Boyd (Saturday), Natalie Wood (Sunday) and Mia Farrow (Monday).
- "I feel the need, the need for ... carrots?" The 30 Second Bunnies take on Top Gun. (And yes, the sweaty rabbits reenact the celebrated volleyball scene.)
- What if True Blood was an Alice-esque sitcom ... starring Movie Dearest fave Carrie Preston! (NSFW for language.)
- Carrie Fisher (whose darkly comic autobiographical solo show Wishful Drinking begins its Broadway run at Studio 54 tonight) on her baby daddy Bryan Lourd, who left her for a guy named Scott: "(That makes) Scott the man who got the man who got away."