Keep up to date with all the latest from the entertainment world with the MD News Desk:
Out in Film:
- Neil Patrick Harris stars as "The Music Meister" in a sneak peek of what may be the gayest Batman episode ever.
- Seth Rudetsky chats with Tony Award winner Michael Rupert and the hilarious playwright Christopher Durang.
- Ian McKellen on his "geek projects", The Hobbit and X-Men Origins: Magneto.
- Matt Lucas has officially withdrawn from the West End production of Prick Up Your Ears following the death of his ex-husband Kevin McGee.
- Tell Them Anything You Want: A Portrait of Maurice Sendak, the documentary about the Where the Wild Things author, is now playing on HBO.
- Make the yuletide gay: The Michael Feinstein & David Hyde Pierce Holiday Show plays New York in December.
- Paul O'Grady to succeed Pamela Anderson (!) as the Genie of the Lamp in London's Aladdin seasonal pantomime.
- Make it work: Tim Gunn to cameo as himself in Sex and the City 2.
- Jonathan Groff, Tony nominated star of stage (Spring Awakening) and screen (Taking Woodstock), officially came out at the National Equality March in Washington, DC last weekend.
- L Word creator Ilene Chaiken teams up with The CW for Confessions of a Backup Dancer.
- Queer as Folk's Randy Harrison to play Andy Warhol in the "musical whodunit" Pop!
- Looks like Carol Leifer (along with gay faves Cyndi Lauper and Sharon Osbourne) will be on the next Celebrity Apprentice.
- Work Out star Jackie Warner is returning to Bravo with a new weight loss show, Thintervention.
- It's an Honor: Tony Kushner at the 13th annual Courage Awards, Lanford Wilson at the 2009 Dramatists Guild Awards, Tennessee Williams inducted into the Poets' Corner, and Wanda Sykes and Miss Coco Peru at the LA Gay & Lesbian Center Gala.
- Gus Van Sant and Bret Easton Ellis will team up for The Golden Suicides.
- Speaking of the National Equality March, here's the cast of Hair singing "Let the Sunshine In" and a Towleroad interview with tribe leader Gavin Creel.
- Dancing with the Stars Watch: Kelly Osbourne and Louis Van Amstel find that "life is a Cabaret".
Hands Off the Merchandise:
- Have you ever wanted to curl up in a nice warm Tauntaun? Soon you may be able to in the next best thing, an Empire Strikes Back-themed sleeping bag ... complete with intestine lining!
Women We Love:
- Sharon Stone gets some Satisfaction.
- 90210 update: Shannen Doherty will be Growing the Big One (a pumpkin, that is) for Hallmark, while Tori Spelling will return to Bravo for a fifth season of Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood.
- Bernadette Peters will return to the Broadway stage next month for A Special Concert for Broadway Barks Because Broadway Cares.
- "I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want" ... how about a Spice Girls musical?
- Joan Collins opens up about her wicked life to The Advocate.
- "La Bambi": Los Lobos Goes Disney on their new album, available October 27. Click hereto pre-order from Amazon.com.
- The music video for Adam Lambert’s "Time for Miracles" (a.k.a. "The Love Theme from 2012") will premiere in theaters playing with the Michael Jackson doc This Is It.
- Seeing double with this year's potential Oscar nominees.
- A closer look at this year's Foreign Language Film contenders.
Out of the Celluloid Closet:
- AfterEllen.com examines the lesbian subtext of such recent films as Whip It and ... Hannah Montana?
- Author Frank Anthony Polito remembers 80's heartthrob Jon-Erik Hexum.
- John Stamos puts on a happy face for Bye Bye Birdie and gives the word, hummingbird, on his gay fans and gay icon girlfriends.
- Gilles Marini's French lover "could be it" for Brothers & Sisters' Sarah Walker.
- The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder has signed to top line the romantic gothic fairy tale Cradlewood.
- Chris Messina, the hunky star of Julie and Julia and Vicky Cristina Barcelona, makes a deal with Devil.