Keep up to date with all the latest from the entertainment world with the MD News Desk:
- Trailer Park: The new A Nightmare on Elm Street (starring Watchmen's Jackie Earle Haley as Freddy Krueger), Duane Johnson is the Tooth Fairy and Bradley Cooper and Eric "McSteamy" Dane go gay in Valentine's Day.
- Dancing with the Stars Watch: Debi Mazar and Maksim Chmerkovskiy do the "El Tango de Roxanne" from Moulin Rouge!, Kathy Ireland and Tony Dovolani perform to "Shall We Dance" from The King and I and Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff (with special guests) take on ... "The Muppet Show Theme"?
Tune in to TCM:
This week's star spotlights on Turner Classic Movies: Leslie Caron (Monday), Esther Williams (Tuesday), Goldie Hawn (Wednesday) and Paul Muni (Saturday).
- Casting About: Leonardo DiCaprio in the mystery The Deep Blue Goodbye, Josh Brolin replaces Sean Penn in the drama Cartel and Hugh Jackman in the futuristic boxing flick Real Steel.
- Speaking of Jackman, here he is with Daniel Craig in Broadway's A Steady Rain. And if you're planning to see it, remember to turn off your cel phones ... our he'll go Wolverine on your ass.
- Surprise of the Week: James Franco will be visiting Port Charles for an extended guest stint on the daytime soap General Hospital starting next month.
- Sequel Watch: The Dark Crystal 2, Kill Bill 3, Transformers 3 and, following all the recent headlines, the documentary Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired.
- And in Remake News, Oscar nominee Richard Jenkins joins the cast of the Americanized Let the Right One In.
- Sex and the City 2 Watch: Liza to perform Beyoncé’s "Single Ladies" at the gay wedding.
From Screen to Stage:
- Priscilla Queen of the Desert will strut to Broadway in early 2011.
- David Ogden Stiers is among the new cast of the Broadway return of Irving Berlin's White Christmas.
- Shrek the Musical adds "I'm a Believer" to its score.
- Hairspray Tony winners Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman to pen the score for a new stage version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- Prior to Broadway, Douglas Hodge will reprise his Olivier Award-winning performance of Albin/Zaza in London's La Cage aux Folles.
- Tony winner Ann Reinking will choreograph the Time After Time musical.
Hands Off the Merchandise:
- Hello, gorgeous! Mattel releasing a Barbra Streisand Barbie. The "little plastic diva is ready to sing on The Ed Sullivan Show, direct The Prince of Tides or blog furiously about her political beliefs". Pre-order now from EntertainmentEarth.com.
- Thanks to such shows as Brothers & Sisters, Glee, Modern Family and Ugly Betty (whose season premiere, by the by, has been delayed a week), GLAAD reports that broadcast television now boasts the highest number of GLBT characters ever.
- Glenn Close to host a special pre-show for the world premieres of The Laramie Project: Ten Years Later.
- Stritchie herself, Nicol Paone, talks about the upcoming season of The Big Gay Sketch Show.
- Project Runway winner Christian Siriano set to star in his own reality series.
- The Real L Word is looking for lesbians while Bravo's Kept is looking for, well, kept boys (or those who really want to be).
- Rumor Watch: Is One Life to Live on the verge of cancellation? And if so, is "Kish" moving to All My Children? The Advocate's Soapside tells you what you can do to help save it.
Out in Film:
- The Power of Two, the new duets CD featuring Cheyenne Jackson and Michael Feinstein, will hit stores November 3. (Click hereto pre-order from Amazon.com.)
- In more Cheyenne news: is the Broadway hunk joining 30 Rock?
- David Greenspan, currently starring in the Broadway revival of The Royal Family, fills out Playbill.com's Cue & A.
- Riot grrrl Carrie Brownstein turns to acting in the indie drama Some Days Are Better Than Others.
- Rufus Wainwright on his new concert movie, Milwaukee at Last!!!
- AfterElton.com interviews Sam and Dan McMillen, the gay brothers on the run on this season's Amazing Race.
- Carol Leifer is working on two upcoming sitcoms, one starring Marlee Matlin and Mario Cantone, the other about a pregnant woman, her ex-husband and her new girlfriend.
- Boy George to return to the Taboo stage for an Up Close and Personal concert.
Women We Love:
- Madonna raises her arms across the ages.
- Guest Star Watch: Kathy Najimy on Desperate Housewives and Shakira on Ugly Betty.
- Barbara Cook and Vanessa Williams will star in yet another Stephen Sondheim revue, Sondheim on Sondheim.
- Character actress supreme Holland Taylor chats about her lesbian past with AfterEllen.com.