Keep up to date with all the latest from the entertainment world with the MD News Desk:
Hands Off the Merchandise:
- Acht, lederhosen! Get your own Brüno costumefor Halloween! Also available in "Clear Vinyl" and "Pink Penis".
- Coming to a Wii near you: Project Runway, the video game.
- The Robert Pattinson phenomenon is explored in the new documentary Robsessed, coming to DVDNovember 10.
- Get in line: True Blood's Stephen Moyer wants gay sex scene with Alexander Skarsgård.
- Ewan McGregor to play son to Christopher Plummer's gay dad in Beginners.
- In what may be a first, the first half of Glee's debut season will be released on DVD while the season is still in progress. Glee, Volume One: Road to Sectionals goes on sale December 29 (click here to pre-orderfrom Amazon.com).
- A germaphobe guidance counselor's worst enemy: Jessalyn Gilsig on playing Terri Schuester.
- Watch This: Kurt/Puck slash.
- Trailer Park: You'll laugh, you'll cry ... the Toy Story 3 trailer!
- Lin-Manuel Miranda goes viral for the tour of his Tony winning musical In the Heights.
- The eight documentary short subjects short-listed for the 2009 Oscars includes Tell Them Anything You Want: A Portrait of Maurice Sendak, author of Where the Wild Things Are.
Coming to TV:
- A Fantasy Island reality show and a Hawaii 5-0 remake. (Go on say it ... "Book 'em, Danno!")
- One Life to Live diva Robin Strasser (a.k.a. the devious Dr. Dorian Lord) talks to The Advocate about her lesbian wedding storyline and her own support of GLBT rights.
In the News:
- California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger signed the bill to approve "Harvey Milk Day". GayPolitics.com reports that the Oscar-winning movie Milk helped.
The Latest on TV:
- George Takei and Brad Altman make game show history as the first gay couple to ever appear on The Newlywed Game. The episode airs tomorrow night on the Game Show Network.
Out in Film:
- The Los Angeles Times chats with T.R. Knight about his Grey's Anatomy exit and the "complex musical" Parade.
- Tab Hunter's "tell-all autobiography" to become a "tell-all documentary".
- Upon the release of his new cover album, Colton Ford talks about the "virtues of the flesh and the joys of song".
- Bryan Singer hints he may return to the X-Men universe.
- Here's a tease of Adam Lambert's "Time for Miracles", a.k.a. "The Love Theme from 2012".
- Irish pop star Stephen Gately, of Boyzone fame, passed away suddenly Saturday while on vacation in Mallorca. He was only 33 years old. Here's a video of Boyzone performing "No Matter What" (from the musical version of Whistle Down the Wind) during the Andrew Lloyd Webber Celebration at Royal Albert Hall.
- Actor Said Mohamed on his new film Colonial Gods: "I was aware of the gay content in the film but this did not bother me. I am a Muslim but I approached the project in a professional manner, as I hope most actors would."