Keep up to date with all the latest from the entertainment world with the MD News Desk:
Out in Film:
- Ellen DeGeneres does O, the Oprah Magazine and Tom Ford does The Advocate.
- Candis Cayne chats about Nip/Tuck and her upcoming reality show.
- Will & Grace co-creator Max Mutchnick to turn the hilarious Twitter sensation "Shit My Dad Says" into a sitcom.
- Lily Tomlin on turning 70.
- The Advocate's "People of the Year" include Alan Ball, Chaz Bono, Larry Kramer, Annie Leibovitz and Ryan Murphy (part two here).
- Luc-ky us: Gilles Marini hanging around Brothers & Sisters a little longer than expected.
- Jake Gyllenhaal to star in sci-fi thriller Source Code.
- Video Preview: James Franco is the mysterious stranger with a "Mad World" crush on Steve Burton's Jason on General Hospital.
- Alexander Skarsgård chats about his role in the upcoming Straw Dogs remake.
From Screen to Stage:
- If you're in LA this weekend, be sure to catch the camp-tastic Whatever Happened to Busty Jane?, a new play written by and starring Jackie Beat.
- "Welcome Christmas": Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas! The Musical now playing in Hollywood.
- Dame Edna Everage's It's All About Me lands on Broadway next spring.
- The Weisslers finally reach the bottom of the barrel: Ashlee Simpson-Wentz to play Roxie Hart in Chicago.
- Will The 39 Steps follow Avenue Q from Broadway to Off-Broadway?
- Silence! The Musical, the Silence of the Lambs parody, will premiere in London.
- Off-Broadway's Toxic Avenger to close in January.
- Listen to Glee's Chris Colfer and Lea Michele's solo versions of Wicked power ballad "Defying Gravity".
- First Trailer: the new Clash of the Titans starring Sam Worthington.
- Legends of the Fail: Me Tarzan.
- Drunk Ewoks take over The Today Show.
- Saturday Night Live spoofs Twilight.
Coming to DVD:
- The Brüno DVD and Blu-ray(available next Tuesday) will include deleted scenes featuring La Toya Jackson and Pete Rose.
Women We Love:
- Cher set to return to the Colosseum at Caesars Palace in 2010.
- Pam Grier will play the hard-ass Amanda Waller on Smallville.
- Carrie Fisher's Wishful Drinking gets two extra weeks on Broadway.
- The Kathy Griffin hosted Let's Dance — in which celebs recreate classic movie dance sequences — bumped to next year.
- Christine Baranski will return to The Big Bang Theory in her Emmy nominated role as Leonard's mom.
The Latest on TV:
- Cheyenne Jackson makes his first appearance on 30 Rock this Thursday.
- ABC has canceled Eastwick, which is good news for Ugly Betty.
Hands Off the Merchandise:
- Dr. Horrible gets a comic book.
- CBS turning The Amazing Race, Ghost Whisperer, Hollywood Squares and more of their shows into video games.
- New Moon band-aids are not the most ridiculous Twilight merchandise after all: Robert Pattinson panties.
- Looks like the Weinsteins are working overtime to "de-gay" the marketing of A Single Man.
- One of the real-life inspirations for Heavenly Creatures gets the documentary spotlight with Anne Perry — Interiors.
- Interviews: Kevin Rankin on his gay EMT on Trauma and Paula Patton on her lesbian teacher in Precious.
- Winona Ryder to join Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis in Darren Aronofsky’s lusty ballerina thriller Black Swan.
- Star Trek, True Blood and Twilight are among the big nominees in this year's People's Choice Awards ... and you too can vote for the winners!