Keep up to date with all the latest from the entertainment world with the MD News Desk:
- Fuzzy-wuzzy Jake Gyllenhaal to visit Sesame Street. Other celebs stopping by this season include Christina Applegate, Matthew Fox, Hugh Jackman, Eva Longoria-Parker, Paul Rudd and Jake's sis Maggie.
- If Taylor Lautner won't take off his shirt in future movies, there's another Twilight hunk willing to fill the void: fellow New Moon werewolf Alex Meraz.
- Can James Franco save daytime TV?
- Dancing with the Stars hunk Maksim Chmerkovskiy will re-join Broadway's Burn the Floor along with another DWTS pro, the perky Kym Johnson.
- Matt Damon beefs it up as a South African rugby player in the trailer for Clint Eastwood's Invictus.
The Princess and the Frog:
- While Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen land in Disneyland ...
- Ne-Yo releases his end credit pop ballad from the movie, "Never Knew I Needed".
- Hugh Jackman doesn't want to be Oscar host two years in a row, but wouldn't mind being named the first back-to-back "Sexiest Man Alive".
- Three of this year's big Oscar bait movies — A Single Man, Nine and Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire — are directed by out gay men — Tom Ford, Rob Marshall and Lee Daniels, respectively.
- GLAAD announces the winners of their first awards for GLBT-inclusive advertising.
- Could Tennessee Williams win his first Academy Award ... 27 years after his death?
- First Look: the new A-Team.
- Sequel Watch: Men in Black 3 gets a screenwriter, Charlize Theron joins Mad Max: Fury Road, and Robert Zemeckis has some good news about the long-in-the-works Roger Rabbit follow-up.
- Adam Sandler to play both Jack and Jill.
- Milk It While You Can: Twilight to return to theaters for one day only.
- Anthony Hopkins will be Odin, King of Asgard and daddy to Thor.
- Top Guns: Tony Scott to direct a biopic of Chippendales creator Steve Banerjee.
Tune in to TCM:
- The Oscar winning composer of "On the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe", "Moon River" and "Days of Wine and Roses" is spotlighted in the new documentary Johnny Mercer: The Dream's On Me, premiering Wednesday.
- Thursday kicks off a month long 80th birthday tribute to screen legend Grace Kelly. Every movie she ever appeared in will be screened throughout November.
From Screen to Stage:
- Cate Blanchett is Blanche DuBois in Kennedy Center's A Streetcar Named Desire.
- Recently filmed with its original cast, Shrek the Musical will be released on DVD.
- A Christmas Story, The Musical! aims for Broadway.
- Little Miss Sunshine herself, Abigail Breslin, will play Helen Keller in the upcoming Broadway revival of The Miracle Worker.
- Xanadu to hit the road in a new US tour.
- The new stage version of Robin and the 7 Hoods will have its world premiere at San Diego's Old Globe next summer.
- Funny lady Liz Feldman is developing a female buddy comedy with a lesbian lead for NBC.
- That's Gay: sassy Bryan Safi on the whole "ex-gay" thing.
- Casting Notices: Yes, you too could be one of Bravo's Real Gay Housewives of San Francisco, while MTV's True Life wants you if you're an out athlete.
- 90210 unzips their lesbian storyline.
- The Advocate chats with Christine Woods on the recent coming out of her FlashForward character.
Women We Love:
- Cover Story: Chelsea Handler does Playboy.
- Casting About: Amy Adams in the dramedy Town House, Becki Newton (and her hunky hubby Chris Diamantopoulos) in Encores' Girl Crazy, Kelly Lynch on 90210 and Reese Witherspoon in the drama Rule #1.
- Angela Lansbury to be celebrated by the Drama League.
- Sharon Gless on being a lesbian in Hannah Free.
- Kathy Griffin has Balls of Steel in her new stand-up special, debuting tomorrow night on Bravo.
- Album Notes: While the cast will promote Volume 1(out tomorrow) with in-store appearances in NYC and LA, Volume 2gets a release date: December 8. The track list includes such upcoming musical treats as "True Colors", "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going" and "Don't Rain on My Parade".
- More Music News: star Matthew Morrison announces a solo disc.
- Glee gets its first award!
- Watch This: The cast, led by Amber Riley (Mercedes), sings the National Anthem at the World Series.
Out in Film:
- Cheyenne Jackson Watch: First look at him in 30 Rock, and he catches up with The Advocate.
- Director Anthony Fabian finds parallels to the gay experience in his new film Skin.
- David Marshall Grant gets a promotion at Brothers & Sisters.
- Watch These: Chaz Bono on Entertainment Tonight; a video preview of Arias With a Twist starring Joey Arias and Basil Twist.
- Housewives honcho Marc Cherry signs a Desperate deal.
- Pulitzer Prize winning playwright Doug Wright to pen a George Gershwin biopic, produced by music man Michael Feinstein.
- AKA director Duncan Roy joins Dr. Drew's Sex Rehab.
- Author Bret Easton Ellis adapts The Follower for HBO.
- Legendary director James Whale to be celebrated at NYC's Film Forum next month.