Monday, January 21, 2008

Awards Watch: Raspberries!

Personally, I tend not to do "worst" lists (I prefer to celebrate movies, not berate them), but in the case of the trio of cinematic offenders pictured above, I'll make an exception ... and "congratulate" them for leading this year's nominations for the 2007 Golden Raspberry Awards.

"Honoring" celluloid schlock for the past 28 years, the "Razzies" this year have singled out I Know Who Killed Me (starring "Worst Actress" double nominee Lindsay Lohan in a dual role far -- very far -- from her breakout role in Disney's The Parent Trap), I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (starring "Worst Screen Couple" Adam Sandler and Kevin James) and Eddie Murphy's Norbit, which netted the star the ignoble achievement of receiving the most Razzie nominations -- five, for playing three characters -- in a single year. Naturally, all three are up for "Worst Picture", along with Bratz and Daddy Day Camp.

The awards, which consist of about $1.98 worth of gold spray paint and plastic fruit, will be bestowed on the usual no-show celebrities on February 23, the day before the actual Oscars. For a quick look at the nominees, see the comments section below.

1 comment:

Kirby Holt said...

Worst Picture:
BRATZ
DADDY DAY CAMP
I KNOW WHO KILLED ME
I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK & LARRY
NORBIT

Worst Actor:
Nicolas Cage - GHOST RIDER, NATIONAL TREASURE: BOOK OF SECRETS and NEXT
Jim Carrey - THE NUMBER 23
Cuba Gooding, Jr. - DADDY DAY CAMP
and NORBIT
Eddie Murphy (as Norbit) - NORBIT
Adam Sandler - I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK & LARRY

Worst Actress:
Jessica Alba - AWAKE, FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER and GOOD LUCK CHUCK
Logan Browning, Janel Parrish, Nathalia Ramos & Skyler Shaye (A Four-for-One Deal!)- BRATZ
Elisha Cuthbert - CAPTIVITY
Diane Keaton - BECAUSE I SAID SO
Lindsay Lohan (as Aubrey) - I KNOW WHO KILLED ME
Lindsay Lohan (as Dakota) - I KNOW WHO KILLED ME

Worst Supporting Actor:
Orlando Bloom - PIRATES OF THE CAROB-BEAN: AT WIT'S END
Kevin James - I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK & LARRY
Eddie Murphy (as Mr. Wong) - NORBIT
Rob Schneider - I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK & LARRY
Jon Voight - BRATZ, NATIONAL TREASURE 2, SEPTEMBER DAWN and TRANSFORMERS

Worst Supporting Actress:
Jessica Biel - I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK & LARRY and NEXT
Carmen Electra - EPIC MOVIE
Eddie Murphy (as Rasputia) - NORBIT
Julia Ormond - I KNOW WHO KILLED ME
Nicolette Sheridan - CODE NAME: THE CLEANER

Worst Screen Couple:
Jessica Alba & EITHER Hayden Christensen (AWAKE) OR Dane Cook (GOOD LUCK CHUCK) OR Ioan Gruffudd
(FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER)
Any Combination of Two
Totally Air-Headed Characters - BRATZ
Lindsay Lohan & Lindsay Lohan (as The Yang to Her Own Yin) - I KNOW WHO KILLED ME
Eddie Murphy (as Norbit) & EITHER Eddie Murphy (as Mr. Wong) OR Eddie Murphy (as Rasputia) - NORBIT
Adam Sandler & EITHER Kevin James OR Jessica Biel I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK & LARRY

Worst Remake or Rip-Off:
Are We Done Yet? (Remake/Rip-Off of MR. BLANDINGS Builds his Dream House)
Bratz (A Rip-Off If Ever There Was One!)
Epic Movie (Rip-Off of Every Movie it Rips Off)
I Know Who Killed Me (Rip-Off of HOSTEL, SAW and THE PATTY DUKE SHOW)
Who's Your Caddy (Rip-Off of Caddy Shack)

Worst Prequel or Sequel:
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
Daddy Day Camp
Evan Almighty
Hannibal Rising
Hostel: Part II

Worst Director:
Dennis Dugan - I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK & LARRY
Roland Joffe - CAPTIVITY
Brian Robbins - NORBIT
Fred Savage (yes, THAT Fred Savage) - DADDY DAY CAMP
Chris Siverston - I KNOW WHO KILLED ME

Worst Screenplay:
DADDY DAY CAMP
EPIC MOVIE
I KNOW WHO KILLED ME
I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK & LARRY
NORBIT

Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie (New Category):
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
Captivity
Hannibal Rising
Hostel: Part II
I Know Who Killed Me